Sunday, November 11, 2001

Why is it that all the worst drivers hang out at the local DMV (Dept. of Motor Vehicles)? I have never seen such lousy parking and driving (except on the freeways).

Speaking of which, someone asked me the other day if I was worried about being offed by a terrorist attack. I said, no, that I was more worried about being run into by an idiot on their cell phone. I saw a driver a few months ago that absolutely horrified me. He was on the freeway, going over 70 mph, talking on his cell phone. As I watched, he took off his glasses with his other hand and started waving them around. Hopefully, he had a third hand on the steering wheel!!!

Another fool was sitting in traffic, punching something into his Palm Pilot. Hello, anyone ever heard of paying attention to the road??